Monday, January 28, 2013

HEAD HUGGERS

A friend had a surgery last month and the cut was right behind her ear that she had to have her hair cut to a very short length.  I made her a head hugger to ease her off the trouble of having to work on a scarf to cover her very short white hair.

I search online and found quite a number of nice and easy to make hats.  I chose to make this one which I can slip a scarf around it and I like the result.  She looks good in it too.  Here is the pic taken when she wore it to church the next day.  Click here for this free pattern.























This is the first lady hat I ever made and I like it very much so I got to make another one.  I had my hair trim very short last month, planning to let my gray hair show and stop dyeing my hair.  Joanna was with me during the hair cut and she thinks I look ok.

So I meant to make this brownie hat for myself but my hubby is not used to my look with a hat on....haha...I think I look ok though.  So, am I going to wear this hat...my new cny look for 2013?  


This hat pattern doesnt come with the flower and the rope round it.  I made the flower from STITCH OF LOVE's pattern and added an edge of sc to it.  Then I crochet a rope of chains and slip stitches with two wooden beads to both ends and string it through the hat.  The flower is attached to a hair clip so it is detachable.


1 comment: