- 19 Dec 2010
- at a MGC Pujut Children Worship
- almost 70 children
THE STORM STOPPER
SCRIPTURES: Matthew 8:23-27; Mark 4:36-41; Luke 8:22-26
AIM: That Children may know they can trust in Jesus and there is victory through Jesus.
That they can always pray to Jesus when they are afraid.
MEMORY VERSE: Proverbs 21:31
About the Sea of Galilee (you can easily get info from the websites)
- show it on the map - geographic location
- the weather
- show it in photos - the peaceful sea and the stormy weather
- show it in video clip
Jesus calms the storm - involve the children to dramatise the story
- Arrange in the centre the chairs in the shape of a boat. Place a boy to sit at the back playing the role of Jesus and a boy infront as the captain.
- Arrange those sitting on the LEFT and RIGHT sides to do the WIND and the WAVES and both sides to do the THUNDER together.....see below:
- Wind - waving hands and make the sound of the wind, "woooooo....woooooo....wooooo"
- Waves - clap their hands on their thighs
- Thunder - stomp their feet
- Those on the boat to sway from side to side
BOYS NEAR TO JESUS: Wake up, Lord! Help! Save us!
JESUS: Why are you afraid, O you of little faith? (to those on the boat)
Quiet! Be Still! (facing either to the right or left side)
EVERYONE: What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?
Questions to the children:
How would you feel if you were in the boat?
Was there a time when you were very afraid or when you were in some kind of danger?
Who is the one that can really give us the peace and be our immediate help when in fear or trouble?
Do you believe in God's power and trust in Him totally?
God's Word is POWERFUL....
Memory Verse: Victory rests with the Lord. Proverbs 21:31b
And God says, When we are afraid, we will trust in Him. Psalm 56:3
Song: With Christ in my vessel, I can smile at the storm (with actions) This video clip shows a fun way to do this song.
Activity to round up:
RUB hands together – gentle rain
SNAP fingers – harder rain
CLAP hands on thighs – even harder rain
STOMP feet – thunder
CLAP hands on thighs
RUB hands together
Conclude in Prayer:
Bring home craft: Make an simple origami paper boat with a sail on it.
Half of A4 size paper for the boat (you can make use of waste paper)
Print the following words on paper and cut them out. 8pcs on one A4 size paper(colored). Cut them out and punch a hole on each end so you can put the straw through the holes to make a sail for the boat. (Refer to pics)
- WITH CHRIST IN MY VESSEL, (name of child) CAN SMILE AT THE STORM
- VICTORY RESTS WITH THE LORD. Proverbs 21:31b
- 胜利却在于耶和华 箴言 21：31
One straw for each boat. Split one end of the straw to half of an inch and tape with double-sided tape.
Remove the tape and stick the straw to the boat. Put the sail through the straw.
MOST OF ALL ENJOY YOUR STORYTELLING!
A few links to some info and resoureshttp://kr.blog.yahoo.com/yydeokk196/11443
(Note: This is a sermon prepared for a Chinese group. You will notice that on the craft.)