Friday, March 4, 2011

CROCHET

4 March 2011

Believe it or not, my first basic crochet lesson was from my eldest brother.  He taught me alot of things, how to use the sewing machine; how to iron clothes; how to cook rice and prepare simple meals;  even fishing and flying kites.

So I got interested in crochet and started to learn more from whatever books I could find in our school library.  It has been ages since I last crochet.  That day I found my pack of crochet needles and I started to search for some simple patterns on YouTube to bring back my feel.  One thing is for sure, my eyes are slowing me down alot.  I better start to pick up with my crafting hobby while my eyes can still work with me even though at a slower speed.

These are a few patterns which I just did, a flower and a cross...

.....and a leaf.



Here is a tuturial on the basic crochet stitches for those of you who may be interested.
Teresa's Crochet For Beginners

No comments:

Post a Comment