Monday, October 14, 2013

INSPIRATION


I was searching for more info to Corrie Ten Boom to share with the children during our church's mission conference worship....and I found the following which really inspires me.

This is from http://endtimepilgrim.org/corrie.htm

'CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE'
- (This is from a letter Corrie wrote in 1974)

.....a Bishop from China say, sadly,
"We have failed.  We should have made the people strong for persecution, rather than telling them Jesus would come first.  Tell the people how to be strong in times of persecution, how to stand when the tribulation comes, – to stand and not faint."

********************

When I was a little girl (Corrie Ten Boom), I went to my father and said,
"Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a martyr for Jesus Christ."
"Tell me," said Father, "When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?"
"No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train."
"That is right," my father said, "and so it is with God's strength.  Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ.  He will supply all you need – just in time…"

*********************

How can we get ready for the persecution?

First we need to feed on the Word of God, digest it, make it a part of our being. This will mean disciplined Bible study each day as we not only memorize long passages of scripture, but put the principles to work in our lives.

Next we need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not just the Jesus of yesterday, the Jesus of History, but the life-changing Jesus of today who is still alive and sitting at the right hand of God.

We must be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is no optional command of the Bible, it is absolutely necessary. Those earthly disciples could never have stood up under the persecution of the Jews and Romans had they not waited for Pentecost. Each of us needs our own personal Pentecost, the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We will never be able to stand in the tribulation without it.

In the coming persecution we must be ready to help each other and encourage each other.
But we must not wait until the tribulation comes before starting.
The fruit of the Spirit should be the dominant force of every Christian's life.

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him", (Job 13:15)




No comments:

Post a Comment