Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 CHRISTMAS - CROCHET

These are the items I crocheted for this year's Christmas gifts.

ELMO HATS
This is the first Elmo Hat which Sheerah requested for her kai-zai (god-son)...her good friend's son.















The second one is for her another kai-zai...her another good friend's son.  If she keeps up with having god-children, I think I will have a busy time of more crocheting in the future :)

The first one has a bigger nose and the color is more to orange. I made the nose smaller for the second one and the yarn is orangy-yellow.




















GINGER BREAD GUY
I didnt have time to make a friend's birthday gift so I crocheted this ginger bread guy as a pre-Christmas gift for a friend.  I like the outcome and really love this guy :)  I like the way he stands out against the green background. Hope this little guy brings her joy and smiles :)


















CHRISTMAS WREATH
I saw this pattern online.  I add on the beads and bells to brighten it up.  You can find the free pattern here or copy this to your browser:

http://www.craftsbystarlight.com/crochet/holidays/christmas/item/191-christmaswreathornament

This went to a special pastor-friend :)

CHRISTMAS TREE n PINE CORNS
This Christmas tree is a first time try for me and I love it.  It is a spiral of crocodile stitches.  I gave this to a family who does not have a Christmas tree at home.  I include some colored beads and transparent fish line for the two sisters to decorate their little tree with.

The set of 7 pine corns is for my son n d-i-law.  I hope they can start to collect my crochet christmas ornaments for years to come (as long as my eyes n hands are still working)...imagine a tree covered with all my crochet christmas ornaments :)  The pine corn pattern is easy and it is free.
ELMO DOLL
Joanna requested for an Elmo doll, so I crocheted one for her Christmas gift.  It took me 4 days to get it done.  This is my first try to crochet a stuffed doll this size.  Elmo stands 37 cm (14 1/2 in) tall.  So here he is.  Isn't he handsome?
CHRISTMAS TOWEL TOPPERS
I had a few good orders for my crochet items this Christmas and a blessing indeed.  I made a few towel tops to give away.   I got these hand towels in pack of 6 and I washed them to make sure the color doesn't run.  I am glad they are ok.  The top pattern is my original and the bottom leaf pattern is available here.

























MY FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD FOR 2012
I received a Christmas gift from my fan-friend, from Penang and my very first Christmas card for this year.  With few more days to go, this could also be my one and only cd for 2012 :) What a joy to receive a Christmas gift!  I love the gingerbread boy;  the gift tag and the Christmas tree soap, which came in time to replace my bathing soap!  Thks to Vi.

























OUR CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS FOR 2012
This year I crochet covers for some Christmas balls to decorate our tree.






















So I crocheted 12 covers for 12 silver balls and added another 12 red balls which Joanna brought back from Spore.  I used 3 rolls of red ribbons with gold edge.  So our tree is all dressed up and ready for Christmas.






































Our thoughtful Sheerah sent some Christmas gifts home and they were hand delivered to us by a friend who came back from KL.   Joanna came back from Spore to spend Christmas with us and she came home with 2 luggage bags weighing 25kg.  Haha....more gifts of course!






































WHAT A BLESSED CHRISTMAS!

And to all my visitors .....

No comments:

Post a Comment