Thursday, May 19, 2011

THE PENCIL AND THE ERASER

A friend sent me this and I think it is so true and would like to share with parents who may pass this way :) 

Children come into our lives and they grow to leave.  God says they are gifts from Him and only for us to invest our lives in and to let go when the time comes.  Perfect parents never existed and never will as parenting is still a life time lesson as God is so amazingly creative that His creation is so unique and individual.  We never stay the same anyway, as we changed along with our maturity and age.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,  The fruit of the womb is a reward."  NKJV Psalm 127:3

And I am so blessed with the fruits I have received.  PTL!


Pencil: I'm sorry

Eraser: For what? You didn't do anything wrong.

Pencil: I'm sorry because you get hurt because of me. Whenever I made a mistake, you're always there to erase it. But as you make my mistakes vanish, you lose a part of yourself. You get smaller and smaller each time.


Eraser: That's true. But I don't really mind. You see, I was made to do this. I was made to help you whenever you do something wrong. Even though one day, I know I'll be gone and you'll replace me with a new one, I'm actually happy with my job. So please, stop worrying. I hate seeing you sad.


I found this conversation between the pencil and the eraser very inspirational. Parents are like the eraser whereas their children are the pencil. They're always there for their children, cleaning up their mistakes. Sometimes along the way, they get hurt, and become smaller / older, and eventually pass on. Though their children will eventually find someone new (spouse), but parents are still happy with what they do for their children, and will always hate seeing their precious ones worrying, or sad. All my life, I've been the pencil. And it pains me to see the eraser that is my parents getting smaller and smaller each day. For I know that one day, all that I'm left with would be eraser shavings and memories of what I used to have.

“We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents.”



Here are a few of the many things the Bible says about children (which I got from http://blogofdan.co.uk/?p=879)

1)  Children must learn to love and fear the Lord. 
In Deuteronomy 6:2 we read that commands, decrees and laws were given by God to Moses to pass on to the Israelites so that they, their children and their children’s children may fear God. In Deuteronomy 6:4-9 the command is to love God with all your heart, soul and strength. This is to be on the parent’s hearts but also to be impressed upon their children.
 
 
2) Children are to be told God’s Words and God’s Works so that they will trust in Him. 
In Psalm 78:4-7 parents were told to pass on God’s works (his praiseworthy deeds, v4) and God’s Words (statutes, law, v5), to teach these to their children so that would put their trust in God and keep his commands.

3) Children need to trust in Jesus as their Lord and Saviour to be saved.
Acts 2:21 or Romans 10:13 tells us that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:9 says that if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. This applies to children as we as adults. They need to trust in Jesus as their Lord and Saviour to be saved from an eternity in hell separated from God.

To parents out there, may you be blessed with godly children and generations to come; and live to enjoy the comfort and joy of having wise children....Proverbs 10:1 This is the most blessed life any parent could ask for.

 

2 comments:

  1. Aunty..I agree with you. Parents will always forgive their children and give what they can. So..we do the best for them ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete