Thursday, March 31, 2011

CROCHET ON PLASTIC MESH NETTING

30 March 2011

At last I got this bag finished for my mom..  It is for her to use when going to church on Sunday.  I have left this project aside for many years and now I know why.  I dont enjoy crocheting on a plastic mesh netting.  It caused too much stress on my arm.  This bag took me 2 weeks because I kept putting it off to rest my arm. Finally it is done and I am so happy....cant wait to give it to her tomorrow, when we will be going out together. 

The 2 rolls of nylon thread I had were just enough to finish the bag with its handles.  I actually have to use remaining tails from here and there to finish off one of the handles. 

I used the remaining thread from the water bottle pouch to make a flower as a holder infront.  As I ran totally out of thread, I used my brown cotton thread to do the rope to hold onto the flower...you may notice the color and texture difference at close-up.



 

 

 

I dont think I will do another crocheting on a plastic mesh....rough work for me.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! Aunty nice work! Dun worry i wun ask for the blue print. HAhaha...i can't crochet a bag! I rather sew one! kekekeke....Very nice. But aunty, why don't u use other materials to make bags. So its not that stress on ur arms.
    Oh, yes i do have a blog. I haven't been making nice stuff for crochet, so mostly they are my paper crafts item. You can visit my blog if u like. tee hee..vivacela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivacela. Well, I think it was at one time a vy popular crochet item so I got the thread and the net and then probably realise I din really enjoy doing it so they were put aside ahd forgotten. Recently, my crafting passion got whole of me and I started to dig into my stuff. So I found these materials and wanted to finish it. It's a relief to accomplish an unfinished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bag looks great and easy to use. Keep posting like this. Also if you are suffering from lower back pain issues then you can read this blog and get to know about the different ways to fix back pain. Also, buy the traction equipment for lower back pain relief NOW!

    ReplyDelete