Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BABY DIAPER STACKERS

It has been a long time since I have done any sewing and it is good to be back.  My sewing machine is a wedding gift from my mum so it has been with me for 30 years.  I also have an old model of a simple Electrolux sewing machine.  It was a second hand which I bought many years ago.  I was able to sew some simple patterns with it but I have not used it for a long time after the connector to the paddle fails to function.  It is my wish to own a really good sewing machine some day which will help me to create lots of designs and patterns with it. 

16 Febuary 2011
This is what I made today, a baby diaper stacker for Kenneth+AiWei's baby.  They have a baby girl so I designed it like a dress.

Full front view
It has 2 side-pockets.
Close-up of the pocket.
I used laces for the waist line; sleeves and pockets.
And rope-ribbon to edge the blouse.


17 February 2011
I made another one for RuiDi+Shing Siew's baby.  They have a baby boy and I designed it as a shirt this time but I think it is not boyish enough.  Maybe checks and stripes would work better.

Front view
With 2 side-pockets

 
With a bow-tie to it :)


I hope they all like it or at least find it useful :)

2 comments: